Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What a difference a day makes!

Well today was much better then yesterday..... What a difference a day can make. In our hardest monents of life, a little prayer can go a long way. I could not sleep very well last night. So I just prayed and reflected on the day and thought about what I could do to make myself have a better attitude. Pretty soon I had drifted off to sleep. I woke up today and everything seemed to just look and feel better. It was a new day.
I heard the sounds of birds chirping and it just made me feel like things would be good today and to let yesterday lay where it was , in the past. I was able to go to humanitarian and have a good time with my ward members and friends. To night I enjoyed Girls Nite Out. I had a pretty good day. I just trusted in the Lord to help me. I felt like the Lord wanted me to just let it go and focus on the good he was offering me with this new day. Just that simple feeling lead me into a having a pretty good day.
Life seems to get difficult at times. BUT when you just try to remember that at no time are we really alone in this world. We are surrounded by so much of God's love. When you think everything is just beyond what you bargined for, there is always a silver lining. We may have to look for it but... It is there.
Simple things some times make the biggest imprints in our lives. I am thankful for the simple things in my life today. I am also thankful for my Husband that knew I had a bad day and said all the right stuff. AND who read our blog and offered me a docorate if that would make me feel better:)

4 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!

    And way to go Ken!!! (It took my husband to leave the country before he'd read my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man Sally, I'm so sorry yesterday sucked so bad! I can totally relate, boy are there days where you feel like getting up and walking out! So glad you had a better day yesterday, and so true to leave things in the past. Thanks for the good perspective! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you said my blog was like a little church devotional. Great entry! You are always wonderful and so much fun to be around. Like the boys hair today. Looks like they are heading off to military school!

    ReplyDelete