Monday, March 23, 2009

I am so MAD!!! Totally Ticked Off!


Ok so I let my license expire. In feb. Actually Feb 11th 2009. So Ken comes home early today and wants to go get his Motorcycle License. He asked me to go with him so I could renew my drivers license too. I am thinking that they will just take my picture and issue me a new license. Well that is not all what I had to do. I had to take the written test. It actually is not a written test it is a computer test to be exact. Not a big deal. I flunked! Just kidding. But I thought I'd put that in there.

I go over to the computer area and take the test. Well first off I have had a license in Oregon, Utah, Colorado, Texas, Arizona, Utah again after moving back in the 90's. Well that means I have taken this test 6 times before today. Today made 7 times. I have recieved a 100% on all drivers test I have taken in those 6 states. .... Up Until TODAY!!! I missed ONE Dang question. The dumbest question on the block if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have prided myself on always getting a 100% on the driving test. Well Not Anymore!! This makes me so mad I wanted to tell the lady off at the counter that could not even tell me what the answer to the question was.

Here is the million dollar question......

Is it legal to cross over "The Gore" area when merging onto the freeway? Do you know the answer to this question? Is the "GORE AREA" even in the Utah drivers manual?????? I looked and NO it is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not that I can find anyways.

I press the score button on the computer and what do I get "YOU PASSED" But.... I missed one question. So I reviewed my test and it was the last question on the dang test.. The "Gore" question. This is totally not fair. I was so mad. The guy next to me thougt I'd flunked the test. I told him I got one wrong. He acted like I was a weirdy.

I went up to the counter to hand in my paper and I ask the lady if she knows what the "The Gore Area" is on the freeway. What do you think???? NO she does not. She goes and ask several other people. Do they know??? Right again NO! She finally finds one person a old guy that looks like he probably wrote the Utah Drivers Manual himself. WOW he knows what the "GORE" area is. Then she doesn't understand what the guy tells her so she has him come and explain it to me. I think that they threw the question in there just to trick people. I am just mad because that question was a joke!! I wanted to challenge the question but.... Ken being the level headed person laughs and tells me to be "thankful" that I passed. That I am 44 now after all.

By the way "gore" is a peice of land that is a triangle shape.... Wow you better watch out for those triangle areas on the freeways now a days . They are not just parallel anymore. Pretty soon we may have cirlces on our freeways. I hope that someone lets the drunk drivers know that they finally figured out a way for them to drive late at night , home from the bars with out getting tickets. You go parallel till you can't see straight then you turn triangles, when that is to much you could flip a circle. GREAT!

3 comments:

  1. That is the dumbest question...so is it legal to cross over it? I would be bugged to

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL Sally I am just hooting over this. Love it!!! I once took the test up in Logan while I was at school. I missed one too many questions but since I served the policemen coffee everyday at the cafe I worked at they passed me anyway. Whewwww was I ever glad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least now I know what a gore is on the freeway. I guess I should have known, Sid said that is what each section of our round house was, a gore.

    ReplyDelete