Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Our First Field Trip




So we had our first field trip. It was great. We left my house in funeral precession style. It was awesome. I thought we should have turned on our head lights and traveled slow through town. By the time we got to the park I was thinking that we would be served ham and funeral potatoes. Boy was I disappointed. jk The "easy hike" as Julie would put it was allot of fun. The falls were in full swing and the cool air that it produced felt good after climbing all up hill on our "easy hike" on a warm summer day. (nice descriptive sentence lol) I really feel like we do need a school bus. 10 moms and 34 kids in 10 cars. That is the same amount as a grade school class with helpers. We need a Big Yellow Bus.


We had a picnic lunch and then went on the "easy hike" to the falls. It really was all up hill. But the kids had a blast and played in the water on for a while. Shauna Bushman took a few pictures for me as I forgot my camera. But when she brought them over I did not save them to my computer. I will have to post pics later.

I held this post so long in the edit files that now we have had our next field trip. Went to go see The Bee Movie on Friday. It was fun but I really did feel my feet stick to the sticky floor. kind of gross! They do not call it the "Sticky Shoe" for nothing. After went on a picnic with my Dear friends Jenny and Shauna Van. Had a nice time.

Nicholas hung out with us women folks and had a good time too. Thanks Nick for going on your Mom's field trips and at least acting like you are having a fun time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a success! Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely need to work on Ken for a school bus! It would be much cheaper for all involved! 'Course, then someone would have to get a Commercial License. Who's up for that? Sally?

    ReplyDelete