Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers Day Weekend







We went up to the American Fork Canyon for the fathers Day Weekend and also Ken's Birthday. The weather was not the best but...... We do have a camper and that makes it easier when the rain comes. We had rain all day Saturday. I thought the trailer was going to turn into a boat and float away.
The guys fished and relaxed. I relaxed and went back down the canyon for church on Sunday. All in all we had a great time. Ken finished a book I finished the details for Young Conference and felt like we were having a pretty great time.
On Sunday late Trent and Tyler Searle came up to camp with us. The boys all had a good time. Last night we were doing the smore thing when........I saw some eyes by the rocks where we were camping. I asked the boys if they all could see something over there???? Well turns out I was not tired and we all did see something. I decided to save myself and ran for the trailer. Trent and Nic decide to be hero's and take flash lites after it. Tyler and Taylor stayed at the camp fire. I think they may of been to scared to move. Ken is a sleep as usual when something exciting happens after dark. I was totally freaked out as the camp host told us bears have been seen already this camp season. Like there is no enough food up high, why they need to come down and have us for a snack is what I want to know. So we were all getting freaked out and after not finding what it was all the guys end up back in the trailer. Big men they are..:) Nic wanted to go back out so he opens the door to the trailer..... I was behind him trying to look out the door. He makes some kind of bear noise....I jump to the ceiling and scream. I am pretty sure Ken told us to knock it off and go to sleep. After the good laugh at my expense no one ventured out side again and I went to bed while the boys stayed up and watched a movie.


This morning the boys went fishing. Had no luck. Ken caught a few fish while he was there. He is quite the fisherman. I do not know when he has not caught something while fishing. Taylor caught 2 fish and was happy with that. All in all it was a great weekend.
Oh besides the part when Chrissy and Mike came up for Ken's Birthday Dinner and Little Mickie fell out of the trailer and landed on the steps. Broke his arm in 2 places. He gets a hard cast tomorrow. He was a tuff little guy though. Sorry Mickie hope you fell better soon.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a great time! Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the pictures. To bad about the broken arm. That is one thing I missed about Utah is camping. I love to camp and fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I can't wait till our house is done and we can have adventures again. We love camping and your story about the bear just kills me. I can see it all happening. So sorry to hear about the broken arm that is the second broken arm this weekend that I have heard about.

    PS. any time you want to see the house just give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally, looks like you had a great time (other than the broken arm!) We used to camp a lot, but don't here . . . . don't know why, except that very rarely can you find a few days in a row that it doesn't rain!

    ReplyDelete