Monday, June 15, 2009

Field Trip, GIrls Over Nighter, and MEN!

On Friday We all got up and went to the Timpanogos cave. It was one of our field trips we are taking this summer. The kids loved it and the hike was long and straight up. . We had a really good turn out. After the hike we had a picnic across from the cave in the picnic area. I have lived in American Fork for 19 years and that is the first time I took my kids to the cave. I am really loving the field trips and all the family and friends that show up.


After the hike and picnic we all took our kids home and packed up for a "Girls Over Nighter" in Park City. 16 of us went and spent the night in a condo. It was great fun! Did not get to bed till like 3 am.
Sometimes it is so great to just get away with out MEN! I live in a full house of MEN.
I am not sure I can remember what it was even like to have another girl in the house anymore. The MEN in my life seem to rule. I was thinking about how I can rule the house. I always get voted out.
When I came back from Park City the MEN had fishing poles in hand and ready for me to go with them to the canyon and fish. Really you want me to spend the rest of my R and R weekend fishing? I am not sure if they do not think about what girls like to do at all or if they are trying to turn me into a guy.
First off I went to bed at 3 am. Second off I came home to a messy kitchen & front room ,and Third off what part of me reeks "I want to go fishing"? MEN! They do not get it. When is the last time I came home and the house was as clean as I left it? Oh wait NEVER! Maybe if you thought to clean it in stead of think I am maid service I would be more in the mood to deal with guy stuff when I come home. Or really..... I came home and you all took a nap for 3 hours and I guess I cannot have one being WOMAN and all . They think I am some kind of SUPER HERO that can go with no sleep. I was with girls for a full 24 hours shopping and laughing. Do you really need to suck all the girl out of me by saying "lets go fishing" "we have been waiting for you?????" Please let me reek of girl for a bit. You really do not need to suck it all out and turn me back to one of the guys to you?
I just want to for once come home and have the house clean, all the guys sitting waiting for me to tell them about all the fun I had, and say I am so glad you had a great time you deserved it" Oh like that will ever happen. Can you say WAKE UP your DREAMING!
I do love the MEN in my life. BUT.... sometimes remember.... I am Girl! I need to reek of girl sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. I really liked that cave, my seminary class went there. Love those girly sleep overs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you had the dork of all dorks for the tour guide. When they put in a lift I will so go to the cave with you, k?

    Had a great time at our overnighter, and last night! Dalen actually had a great time. Ken is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the man thing...I agree you need to just be able to be the girl and let it last for days. Men, really just don't get it (even if you spell it out for them). No offense, I love my hubby too, they are really good at being men.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard and read that Men just want us to tell them what we want. I have tried that, it doesn't work!! They must think we are kidding or something, go figure.

    Sooooo I guess while I tell you to WAKE UP!! ;) I will yell at myself too ;)

    Glad you had a fun 24 hours of girl time!!

    ReplyDelete