Thursday, April 30, 2009

Till we meet again.

Today I received a phone call letting me know that my Uncle Drew had past from this life and returned home to his Heavenly Father. He is going to be missed and we all love him dearly. have lost 2 people I loved in the past year. My Papa that was 101 died from old age and my Uncle Drew that was 57 we lost to cancer. Both I loved dearly. I have had a hard time saying good bye to both of my loved ones. I just do not want to have to say good bye. It seems so final. But I told myself today that good bye is for a time not for ever.
I hate to say good bye. It is to hard on me. I drug out calling him until it was to late. I should have just called. I am so upset that I did not call. I was scared and I did not want to cry and make it harder on him that he was dying. He was already scared. I should have called though. I should have. I said a prayer today that he knew I loved him and my fear of saying good bye. I should of just called or wrote him a letter. I kept telling myself to just do it and the moment past.
So Uncle Drew.............. I love you and will miss you. I know you are not hurting anymore and are in a better place. I will always remember our fun times we had with you. You were a great Uncle. I love you and Good Bye until We Meet Again!
I am not letting moments pass anymore. Say it now before it is to Late! Don't put off today what you may not be able to say tomorrow. Let all you family know you love them and how much they mean to you each and everyday. Always say ... I love you!

6 comments:

  1. Dang it girl- you made me cry. So true. So sorry for your loss. Thanks for the reminder, though. We all need to make sure we don't let the moments pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss . . . . and thanks for the good advise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found that out through out my life. When you get the impression to call someone do it. I have been to late a few times and was always sorry after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry Sally, I know you loved him and he knows you love him. You made me cry...you will see him again and that is so good to know that, I don't know how people make it not knowing that. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. We are so fortunate to know that you will be able to see him again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry Sally. He knows you love him and now he is watching over you. Thanks for reminding us how important it is to take advantage of the moments.

    ReplyDelete