Sunday, April 5, 2009

Corn on the Cob in the Afternoon!


I loved the statement that President Dieter F. Uchtdorf made " Sometimes we often plant a seed in the morning and want Corn on the Cob in the Afternoon" I thought about that statement today!

Wow what a powerful statement! It applies to so many things in our lives. How many times do we pray and ask for something and want a answer by noon?:) Or plant a seed in the hearts of our loved ones and want it to be sprouted, grown to half it's height and producing fruit by night fall? Or ask for something and wanted it 2 days before we even asked? We often forget that faith and a answer to our prayers can take time. We live in a world that rushes everything that we do not stop to enjoy the Journey sometimes. We ask , demand, and have very little in the patience category anymore for our answers to come to our prayers, or our good works to reproduce, or help to come to the rescue.

Think about the Journey!..... Enjoy the Journey!........Live the Journey!........Love the Journey!
Think about it... Planting a seed... is only the beginning and we have so much more to do once the seed is planted... water, cultivate, care for, keep the weeds(evils of the world) away from our plants( pick them out one by one), prune, love, and feed the plant. There is so much more to planting a seed that we often forget and do the minimum and want maximum in the results. That sometimes fall short of our original plans. Look at the plants and enjoy them when they are blooming. Ken's Dad loves to look at the hay and grain come out of the soil and start to grow. He loves to look at the purple flowers that bloom on his hay. He enjoys the journey.. He lives for the site of the hay growing and maturing, He loves the the journey of the farm season. And when it is over and the Harvest is done...He is tired, and ready for the season to come to a end. But every year he goes back out to the farm and starts all over again with a song in his heart. He has learned to enjoy the journey and has learned how long till you can have Corn in the Afternoon.

The longer the growing time the better the root system becomes. The longer the Journey the more we experience and learn. Enjoying the Journey is one of the most important parts in the quest back to Heavenly Father! I think that I will start to enjoy more of the journey and nourish my seeds that I plant and take more time to cultivate the soil, and love the growing time. The harvest is the best part and I want to be ready and know that I enjoyed the growing season, learned from the best of the farmers, and lived with the best of the fertilizers. I want my seeds to grow but at a pace that the Lord can let me learn and become a better person. I want to leave the steroids out of my garden. Though they are appealing, they often more then not take the hard work out of the journey by producing the harvest to quickly.

Enjoy watching your garden grow and be ready to the fullest when it is time to harvest. Enjoy the Journey! "" We will have Corn on the Cob in the Afternoon """"Soon Enough!




3 comments:

  1. I love your post! It's always good to remember. But we have been praying for warm weather for a very long time! jk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that too. I also loved the quote by Pres. Monson "Our future is as bright as our faith." We get so bummed out sometimes and I guess faith is REALLY the key!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, I have decided that we will enjoy summer to the fullest when it gets here since we have wanted it so badly this year. BUT... I was reminded that we will probably complain about the heat soon enough too. BUT.. We do have the boat and the lake to fall back on:)

    ReplyDelete