Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday!

I have always loved Sundays. I like that it feels like a day of rest, the peacefulness that comes to your mind, heart, and soul, and most of all the love I feel from my FAMILY! It is the best feeling to see your kids walk in the door on a Sunday Afternoon! We all are together again. We laugh, talk, and even sometimes cry. As your kids get older and there are less living at home it can sometimes feel lonely. I hate lonely.
This past year was a hard year with change. Nic moved out, Chrissy got a divorce, and we had to take a break from life as we knew it. So much had gone on in one year that it felt like to much! As things have calmed we have worked our way back out to the world and see that no matter what Family is most important. Not that we did not know this before,. But that no matter what anyone else says, does, or thinks. Our Family is what counts.
People like to gossip, people like to point fingers, and people do not like to forgive. Well some do. But why is it that the ones that are the most lethal are the ones that stand out front and center. But if you bother to look a little to the left or a little to the right you can see all the other wonderful people standing behind them. But in the heat of the moment they are just there? I am not sure why. Is it our anger, pride, or lack of knowledge because of a hurtful cloudy mind? I think mostly because we do not take the time to look. We judge and only see what is dead center in front of us. I think this is where Christ Like Behavior is not always easy to choose. If I could choose the right every time I would be perfect. but we all know I am not.
I was listening to a talk about being hurtful or being hurt by others. We sometimes think before reacting but mostly react before thinking. How many times do you think..? oh I could have done different with that situation but do not go back and try to fix it. I think we learn from the mistake of our reactions but we do not always let the person we hurt know that. It is just as important to learn as it is to say I am sorry.
I am so excited for new beginnings and new relationships. Life is sweet if we stop to savor the taste. Sometimes we are to busy but this year I want to taste life, savor the the goodness it has to offer and not be quick to judge. I want to treat others the way I want to be treated and love all of God's Children. Not just the ones that are easy to love but the hard ones too.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your trials. Dang, this "growing" business is hard! Love your posts, even though I don't comment. It's great to see a into a small section of your lives and to get your insight on life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post also. Life doesn't seem to get easy as you grow older like I thought it would, but I do know the gospel is true and is a little bit easier when the peace comes that that the gospel brings.

    ReplyDelete