Thursday, January 13, 2011

Amish Grace


I watched the movie "Amish Grace" last night with Ken. I have to tell you that it was the most touching movie I have ever watched. Maybe for where I am at in life, the fact it was true, or it is just that good of a story. I cannot even begin to think that I am anywhere on the same playing field as this group of Amish people. There love and forgiveness is amazing. I am a better person to have watched this movie. That is allot to say when most movies these days we could actually of done with out.

I cannot think of a time a movie touched ken or I this much. I cried and cried. Ken said it brought tears to him like no movie had ever before. I would say to watch this movie as a family. Talk about it and have a good family home evening with this being your activity. These people could teach us all something.
My sister in law is from a Amish Group much like this one. In fact she share the same maiden name as the man lady in the movie. Ida Graber. I can see why some may choose to leave at the age of 15 but I am not sure if I grew up Amish. I would have ever been able to leave and handle this world. If we all could be as Christ like and Forgiving as these people, the world would be a amazing place.
So my movie recommendation for the week is "Amish Grace" If you watch it let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to watch it, sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sid and I watched this movie and cried and passed it on to Trudy and her family and they loved it also. Very emtional.

    ReplyDelete