Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Freezing!

It is so cold here this year. I have had snow at my house on the ground for almost a month now. It shows no signs of melting. I hate the fact that once Christmas is over that I always want to see some warmer days. When the first day of winter was only December 21st. This year I told myself I was going to enjoy the winter go skiing a little bit more and do activities outside so I could enjoy the winter and not wish for spring so fast.
Someone told me the other day. " You need a good hard winter to really enjoy Spring" You could also say that you need a Wet Spring to really enjoy Summer and a Hot Summer to really enjoy Fall. And a dry Fall and many blessing so you would enjoy winter again and the Holidays. Cuz really what kind of fall would make you really want a winter this cold?
I cannot even bring myself to go skiing while the kids are in school because it is so cold. I wanted to do some night skiing this year but it is so cold. I have not even been sitting in the hot tub because the nights are so cold when Ken gets home. I really do not want Spring yet, but is asking for warmer winter days to much?
I have to say I am blessed with a nice warm house to live in, a nice car to drive in the snow, and many fun times with my kids in doors visiting. So all is not lost to a cold winter. Sometimes we rush life and maybe that is what I am doing. Sitting back and enjoying the winter is maybe just what I should be doing. So when spring does get here I will be all the happy to see her.
I know that every year when Spring comes along it does make you feel like your alive again and just adds something special into our souls. Maybe this year it will be a renewing like I have never had before and at that point I will be happy for the long, hard, cold, and wet winter.
Happy Winter Wonderland to all my Friends!:)

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on this blog. I'm ready for spring. It was cold in Oregon and now it is really cold in Maryland. April could hurry along.

    ReplyDelete