Thursday, January 6, 2011

First of the Year...

The first of the year always starts out with goals and ideas for the new year. By April some goals are lost only to be found next January and some are 1/4th way to completion. This year I decided not not make any goals that I cannot promise to keep. This way feeling like a failure in April and then running full speed ahead into Summer not looking back and putting off till after Christmas what I should have done the year prior. Will not be part of my life.
I have so many things that in which I feel need to be done, resolved, or planned for this year.
I put off surgery, my weight goal, my trip to Europe, trip to Disneyland, and making things better where I failed to be Christ like. Maybe the whole issue on why I did not complete these goals can be summed up in one area of my life. Not being Christ like at all times. Who knows maybe it is my punishment.
But this year I plan on keeping my goals, plans, and ideas. I am actually a spunky person with more energy to do with then i know what to do with. So sometimes in ends up negative. Well did not plan on letting people know my faults but I guess here you go. I have a streak in me that is bratty . To some it will be a surprise others will say.. DUH! That is one of my goals to smash that out as much as possible. You all know that some spunk has to stay it is just me and there is no taking it all out of me. I know this other goal may seem dumb...But... I hate shoes. I know I am weird. I love flip flops. They are my life. Well almost. I have more flip flops then most people have shoes. I buy about 10 pair at the beginning of summer every year. As I get older I have had to realize I am going to ruin my feet if I do not wear shoes half the year. So I have been wearing shoes this winter. I know you all think what she wears flip flops in the snow. Well I do and even today you can find my snow boots in my truck and socks in my car. It is just me. If I get stranded I have closed toe shoes. I know it is dumb but you can take the girl out of the beach but you cannot take the beach out of the girl. My nickname because of this is "Little Indian Feet" :)
Another goal I have is to lose some weight. Did I say some? Well i meant to say allot. :) I know this is every ones goal and it seems as few reach it each year. But this is my year. I am doing it. I am not on the steroids anymore and I should lose the weight. So I have realistic goals for this and I am a proud member of Golds. Gym. Keep me in your prayers for this goal. Not a easy one. I think I can turn my self into the sweetest woman you ever met before losing the weight. Just kidding we all know that will never happen. I will be a tooth pick before the brat totally comes out of me. lol.
My goal of getting the vacations in that I have wanted. I need to plan and carry out and not let little things be used to stand in the way of making memories. and taking pictures and videos. for Christmas we bought everyone a camera. Ken got a new video camera and I am still trying to find the right Nikon D90. But Birthday is a not far off so it will happen soon.
My goal that I do not want is to just get the surgery done and over with. I am scared and I need to get it done before spring hits us again. So even though this is a goal that I would rather not have. I have cancelled the surgery again and now I have made the commitment to call and rebook it. I have to have this done. There is no getting around it.
My goal that is most meaningful is to be more Christ like and stand as a better example, better Mom, and better Companion to my Spouse. I need to move on from things that have hurt, scared, and made me just check out of the program of life sometimes. I want to be a Christ like person even when it may hurt. I know that in the end all that I will have is the life that I devoted to being a Child of God here on earth and showing my family, friends, and strangers what true unconditional love is. I am not a bad person. but I could use a little more saint hood in me. I struggle with turning the other cheek and being Christ like at all times. So lots falls under this goal but lots can be learned, loved, and nourished with a little more Christianity. I pray for strength to complete this goal.
So the year has started out and I am in the game to win it. I hope that all of you are working steadfast and in the right direction with your goals. To all my Friends, Family, and Strangers reading my blog. love to you all and I hope this year 2011 is your year too.!
God Bless and May You Always Feel His Presents in Your Life!
Sally:)

No comments:

Post a Comment