Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentines











I started a tradition to have a dinner with my kids the day before Valentines. I wanted them to know they were special to us and that Valentines is a day for them also. I was also hoping that my boys would learn how to treat thier wives when they get married on this special day. My husband was not schooled in this area. He had to learn the hard way that Valentines is important. That is also why my Birthday has become a month long event. Trying to teach him has increased the time of the event until the student could get it right. :)

I had fun shopping, decorating, and cooking this year. Ken actually made the main dish. It was really good. He is a self taught cook and really a good one. So this year we did this event together which made the day even more special.
Here are a few photos of the prep and when Chrissy arrived with the kids. I was not good at taking pictures after she arrived. Just to busy slaving over the kids.

Ken came home early and with flowers and a singing balloon. The next day he bought me a d.s. and 3 games. He was on top of it this year. Although the d.s. was part of my Birthday present.

Although last night he showed up with his own present. The man found a deal on some theater room equipment from a dealer in sandy for B and K components. Lets just say that his 'Because it was a good deal and I needed it" purchase was more them my month long Birthday Celebration has cost year to date! The idea was to buy a " Reciever" He showed up with a cd player also. Like I am going to sit and listen to music in my theather room. The man has electronic issues. I know he was thinking wait till my brothers hear or see this. It is kind of a "Man thing." Bret and Shauna came over to watch lost, so I did not see the cd player until they left. Imagine my surprise when there was 2 itmes he purchased sitting on the kitchen table. After him telling me that it was just such a good deal and trying to sell me on them. I rolled my eyes and went to bed. His second purchase of the cd player is only a issue because Ken is tight with money and If I showed up with new living room furniture he would freak if it was not aggreed about before I left. Men they have one set of rules they live by and another set for thier wives to live by. Now my plan is to use this to get something I want. I will let you know if this works. I should call 2 of my friends Shauna and Patty that I know love to shop and go spend some money. But being the nice person I am. I will just guilt my way into him buying me something I want. jk :)

2 comments:

  1. Ok I'll go, I love it when it's someone, elses money getting spent...you are such a good mom, what a fun tradition to start, your grandbabies are to cute...I like the new look of your blog and I didn't know you could chane the font.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute family you have. Where does the time go. Grandparents I can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete