Monday, August 10, 2009

Buddy Buddy System with a Cherry on Top


What to do when the hurt is so real that you think you may never be the same again and the memories are so full of love and you do not want to lose not one of them? I have had the hardest week of my life. My heart aches and my mind hurts beyond words. My nephew Ty passed away and returned back to Our Heavenly Father Wednesday August 5th. One month from his 18th Birthday July 5th. My Nic's Best Friend.
I hurt for everyone that is hurting. As I drove home tonight Nic just sat there and said he wanted to be in Delta. He wanted to stay there and be close to the family and Jordan. I know he is hurting I know that he doesn't know what to do right now. How to go forward and be OK is my next lesson in life.
I want to post this picture, that reminds all of us the Buddy Buddy System is still in place just one of them in through the veil and the other two are still here with us. But as they walk side by side they all still walk together. One just walks on the side of the veil. Watching over the other two.
Our kids where more then cousins they were FRIENDS! They had a name for there friendship and it was called the Buddy Buddy System. They called it often by it's name and they exercised often what it meant to be friends, and they lived it well and always will. Ty Jordan, and Nic are truly buddies for eternity. Life has a way of shaking us up but through the Lord's Plan we will make it back together on the other side. Tell someone today you love them.
This picture is the Buddy Buddy System with a Cherry on top. Haylee just has a way of making it all OK, and she is the finishing touch. We floated the river this day with Ty and Jordan on a field trip. If I had gone on a 100 field trips this summer. This still would have been the best one of all.

5 comments:

  1. Sally I am so so sorry to hear of this. I have had quite a few young friends pass away when I was young so I can empathize with your Nick and you. I am praying for you and will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Sally. I just have to say that I love you and you're an amazing strength to those of us here, I know your heart is aching beyond measure, but through it all, you still amaze me with your positive attitude.
    I read a few things you had written on facebook too and I am so impressed with your positive comments. Keep praying,and know we are doing the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it has been a way hard week! At least we have a strong family that is alwyas there for each other! It was good seeing you guys yesterday, even though i could not stay awake, i so sleepy, perfect timming for you to bring my pillows, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally, we were on vacation when I heard about Ty. It makes you realize how important family is . . . . and my heart aches for Cheryl and Richard and all the family who knew and loved him. I can't imagine what it must feel like to lose a son! Thanks for sharing your feelings.

    ReplyDelete